The badges that we sell are professional quality public safety badges. They are worn by many professionals daily as part of their uniform. Members of the public respect the badge, so it's important to us that badges only go to individuals who will use them properly. In general, the following badges generally require ID:
- Any badges that refer to Law enforcement. This includes, but is not limited to Police, Officer, Sheriff, Trooper, Marshal, Constable, Highway Patrol, District Attorney, Judge, Parole, Probation, Peace Officer, Corrections, and Patrolman.
- Any badge that refers to Schools. This includes but is not limited to Campus Security, School Guard, Truant Officer, and University Security.
- Any badge with a Federal Seal. In general, the Federal Seal should only be used for Federal Agencies. If you work for a private company, we suggest using a different seal to avoid confusion.
- Any other badge appears official or represents an official organization. Examples include Building Inspector, Hospital Security, or Special Agent with the name of a city, state, town, or county.
We may ask for identification for any order that appears official even if it doesn't fall into any of these categories.
Once your order has been placed, you will receive a confirmation of the order. If verification is required we will notify you with full instructions on what is required via email. Typical requirements are copies of identification (BOTH an official ID and a government issued ID such as a drivers license). In some cases, additional documentation specific to the order, state, or agency may be required. Identification documents can be submitted to our secure server using a unique link corresponding to your order. The link will be provided when you receive your order confirmation. If you need assistance submitting your ID, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (877)404-8413.
Once we receive verification, you will be notified that your badge is in production. If you can not provide ID documents, you can request that we cancel the order. Please submit all requests by email to email@example.com and indicate the reason for the request.
Badgeandwallet.com may require verification of identity for any order. We may also cancel any order if we cannot sell the item requested. Orders cancelled for this reason will be fully refunded. Though we make every attempt to verify the identification of a purchaser, the law prohibits the fraudulent use of any badge or identification. The purchase of any product(s) from badgeandwallet.com does not constitute legal permission to use the item. Any use is done solely at the responsibility of the purchaser. You are solely responsible to know and follow the local, state and federal laws pertaining to the items you design & order from badgeandwallet.com. In addition, you represent and affirm that you have proper authorization to purchase and use any items designed on our site.
We will not produce or ship any of the following types of badges:
- Any badge that refers to Homeland Security, CIA, FBI, DEA, DHS, US Marshal, or any other Federal agency.
- Collector police or law enforcement badges. If you collect badges or if you are looking for a toy badge for a child, we generally suggest that you contact the agency named on the badge. They may be able to sell or give you a badge, or they may grant you authorization.
- Blank badges (due to the potential to alter them).
- NYPD: We do not sell any New York City Police Department badges. Even if you have proper ID, we cannot sell badges of any style with the wording "City of New York Police" or "NYPD". If you need NYPD badges for any reason, please contact the NYPD directly.
- Los Angeles County: Badges with the name or seal of the County of Los Angeles require prior authorization from the County. Please contact the County directly to obtain permission in writing prior to placing your order.
- United States Postal Service (USPS): We do not sell United States Postal Service badges to individuals at all. This includes current & former employees and supervisors. If you need a badge with the name (including abbreviated versions of the name) or the seal of the United States Postal Service, please contact the United States Postal Service directly so the order can be placed through the organization.
- City of Dallas: We do not sell City of Dallas badges to individuals at this time. If you need a City of Dallas badge, please contact the city.
- Best Buy / Geek Squad badges: We do not sell Best Buy or Geek Squad badges without written authorization. If you would like to order a Geek Squad badge, please contact the corporate legal team to obtain written authorizaiton prior to ordering.
A note on novelty badges. On occasion we receive requests for novelty bagdes. Examples would be jokes like the Grammar Police or the Zombie Sheriff. In these cases, we can only make them if it is obvious that the badge is a novelty or joke and it does not name any city, state, county, or municipality. If it is not obvious, we may suggest modifying the badge to use another word (such as "Grammar Enforcer") to avoid confusion.